Boost Learning with Advanced Modalities
Learning in the context of work
The best way to learn is by doing, but hands-on learning can create a lot of challenges and risks.
- It’s often too expensive. Imagine what would happen if the only way to learn how to fly spacecraft were to fly them.
- It’s too risky. Nobody wants a rookie operating a 6,000-ton crane lift.
- It can take too much time away from the job. Who’s managing your fast food operation when the shift manager is training the newbie?
Most situations aren't all that expensive or risky but creating a simulated work experience can save a lot of time and trouble. There are many kinds of simulations, but three methods make it easier for us to create a lifelike training environment-- at less cost and risk.
- Gamification enables us to gain mechanics to approximate on-the-job situations.
- Virtual Reality creates environments that replicate the real work situation.
- Augmented Reality pads new dimensions to the learning environment, such as showing features, actions, shapes, and colors that make hidden objects and information visible, like showing a simulated airflow.
Download our datasheet to learn more about how you can help your people learn by doing.